YOUR RIGHT TO KNOW .......
This page provides an overview of the information Golden State College and other U.S. Institutions of higher education are required to provide to current and prospective students.
Links are provided through our web site to disclose specific information that is in compliance with the Crime Awareness and Campus Security Act of 1990 and the Higher Education Amendments of 1992 and 1998.
General Information about Golden State College of Court Reporting
- NET PRICE CALCULATOR U.S. Department of Education.
- FINANCIAL AID PROGRAMS made available to GSC students, including federal and state programs
- SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH
- Determination of ELIGIBILITY
- How to APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID - including forms required to complete the various applications for federal aid programs
- Terms and conditions of PELL GRANTS, DIRECT LOANS, STAFFORD AND PLUS LOANS
- ABOUT LOANS - repayment, deferment, and loan counselling
- COST OF ATTENDANCE for an academic year (e.g., tuition and fees for full and part-time enrollment, typical charges for books and supplies, transportation costs, and personal expenses)
- DISBURSEMENT - how and when finiancial aid is disbursed
- Financial aid ENROLLMENT POLICIES, including eligibility requirements, withdrawals and leaves of absence, and return of Title IV funds
- Criteria for measuring SATISFACTORY ACADEMIC PROGRESS, including the APPEAL FORM for eligibility for financial aid.
- PRIVACY OF STUDENT EDUCATION RECORDS (Family Education Rights & Privacy Act)
- ALCOHOL/DRUG POLICIES - including the drug-free school and workplace program
- CODE OF STUDENT CONDUCT - for Golden State College Students
- STUDENT BODY SIZE, RETENTION AND GRADUATION RATES
- INFORMATION SECURITY POLICY
- COPYRIGHT POLICY - related to copyright infringement and liabilities students face for unauthorized distribution of copyrighted materials